Lyft and Taco Bell (YUM) - Get Yum! Brands, Inc. Report are partnering up for something they have dubbed 'Taco Mode." It allowed riders to request a stop at the Taco bell drive-thru while they're on their way to their next destination. Taco Mode will be only available in Orange County, California through July 30th and August 3rd through the 6th. The option for the Taco Bell stop is available in-app and must be requested when you order the car, you just choose 'Taco Mode' in your options. Taco Mode is only available between 9 p.m. and 2 a.m. on those days-prime taco time for people who have been out on the town. The companies say Taco Mode will expand to other markets by the end of the year, with a national roll out slated for 2018. Taco Bell Chief Marketing Officer Marisa Thalberg said in a press release that they had so many riders requesting pit stops at Taco Bell as they were on their way to their destination that they decided to make it a feature.
More of What's Trending on TheStreet:
- AMD Surges in Premarket Trading After Chipmaker Blows Wall Street Away
- No Good Stock Left Behind: Cramer's 'Mad Money' Recap (Tuesday 7/25/17)
- Advanced Micro Devices Could Explode Another 17% Within Hours: Chart
- AMD's Strong Guidance Points to Market Share Gains and More Could Be On the Way
- GM May Slash Six Car Models to Combat Slumping Sales, Avoid Plant Layoffs