What’s it like to run a snacking business during the COVID-19 pandemic?
Daniel Lubetzky, founder and executive chairman of KIND, joined TheStreet to talk about his brand's new push into energy bars.
“Since day one, KIND has been committed to balancing health and taste and adhering to our KIND Promise to craft snacks with a nutritionally dense first ingredient,” says Lubetzky in a press release. “KIND Energy honors this promise and is consistent with how we’ve always entered categories – with an eye toward disruption and a goal of elevating people's overall experience.”
“Energy bars are typically higher in calories, carbohydrates and sugar and should not be eaten before being sedentary as your body won’t be challenged to metabolize the energy efficiently,” says Stephanie Csaszar, MS, RD and Nutrition Expert at KIND. “While KIND Energy has 35% less sugar than the top-selling energy bar, it should still be eaten before physical activity for this reason. An ideal snack for when you’re less active is our KIND® Dark Chocolate Nuts & Sea Salt bar which leads with heart-healthy almonds and contains only 5 grams of sugar.”
Watch the video above for more.
You can follow Katherine Ross on Twitter at @byKatherineRoss.
Latest Videos From TheStreet and Jim Cramer:
- Jim Cramer Says Earnings Pinpoint Stocks to Buy With or Without Stimulus
- PPE and Your Portfolio: Inside a Disruptive Industry
- PPE in the Ring: How O2 Industries Partnered With UFC
- PPE and the Supply Chain: How O2 Industries Adapted During Pandemic
- Coronavirus: The Latest Numbers on the COVID-19 Pandemic
- How Much Do World Series Tickets Cost in 2020?
- How to Protect Your Portfolio for Any Election Outcome