As competition increasingly heats up among wireless providers, offering an unlimited data plan has basically become a necessity. But just how "unlimited" are these plans actually?
We took a look at the fine print at the one line plans offered by Verizon (VZ) - Get Report , T-Mobile (TMUS) - Get Report , Sprint (S) - Get Report and AT&T (T) - Get Report . While you'll always be able to call mom (sorry), you may encounter slower speeds after a certain amount of data usage when your network gets congested.
More of What's Trending on TheStreet:
- I Am a Millennial Who Just Went to Kmart for the First Time Ever and Couldn't Believe This Place
- Apple's Hometown Is Among 10 of the Most Overvalued U.S. Housing Markets
- Got a Mouth Like Mooch? Why Swearing at Work Could Get You Fired
- Here's How Much Money Warren Buffett Has Made on Apple Stock in 2017 Alone
Watch More with TheStreet:
- 5 Ways Companies Are Using AI to Secretly Change Your Life
- Around the World in 5 Insane Pizza Hut Pizzas
- This Nissan Technology Prevents Kids From Being Left in Hot Parked Cars
- Tesla's Elon Musk Is All Jokes as the Model 3 Accelerates into "Production Hell"
Editors' pick: Originally published July 25.