1. On Wednesday, Dec. 27, a late push helped the S&P 500 rise 0.08% and the Nasdaq to gain 0.04%. The Dow Jones Industrial Average ended the session up 0.11% to 24.774.
2. The economic calendar in the U.S. on Thursday includes International Trade in Goods for November at 8:30 a.m. ET, weekly Jobless Claims at 8:30 a.m., and Oil Inventories for the week ended Dec. 22, at 11 a.m.
4. Spot bitcoins fell 9.1% to $13,959 on the Bitstamp exchange, which feeds prices into the CME Group futures contract.
5. Shares of Energous Corp. (WATT) - Get Report soared 168% on Wednesday after it received consumer safety certification from the Federal Communications Commission for its its transmitter that can charge devices from a distance.
Watch More with TheStreet:
- Video: Here Is What to Expect From the Federal Reserve in 2018
- Video: This One Factor Will Drive Home Prices Higher in 2018
- Video: Here's How We Know Wages Are Finally Starting to Breakout
- Video: Here's How Much You Should Contribute to Your 401(k)