Jobless claims came in at a staggering 6.6 million on Thursday.
That followed a historical 3.3 million claims from last week.
So, what does Jim Cramer think about the claims? Especially now that there are around 10 million claims in total.
Watch the video above for more.
KATHERINE ROSS: 6.6 million Americans filed for unemployment last week. Is this proof that the lawmakers need to get us phase four?
JIM CRAMER: Phase four comes when we're out of money with phase three. I know that I have a view about what needs to happen. They need to have, not a traditional infrastructure bill, because those are all lousy. They don't work. You can call it an infrastructure bill, because that makes both parties agree with it. But that's five guys sitting around on a bridge, waiting for a piece of steel that we don't make, probably from China. If you're gonna do a so-called infrastructure bill, let's try to make it to be a bill where you can learn how to make everybody have 5G so that they all can learn at home at the same time. Let's make an infrastructure bill for the new economy, not the old economy.
Got a Question for Cramer?
Send it in!
Every day, TheStreet and I are looking for questions on the markets, send yours in for a chance to have it asked on the show.
If you're a member of Action Alerts PLUS, please continue to send your questions to the team at AAP.
Catch up on the Latest Videos on TheStreet!
- Jim Cramer Answers 5 Questions Ahead of the End of the Quarter
- These CEOs Are Forgoing Their Salaries to Help Employees During the Coronavirus Pandemic
- Jim Cramer's Advice for Anyone Worried About Social Distancing
- How Walmart's COVID-19 Employee Policies Could Impact the Entire Industry
- What Does the $2 Trillion Dollar Stimulus Package Mean for Small Businesses?