The semiconductor sector has felt the impact of the coronavirus pandemic shutdown, as auto production slowed down and car sales dropped.
General Motors warned on Wednesday that the global chip shortage could cut its earnings by $2 billion this year, but CEO Mary Barra doesn't expect to lose production this year of its full-size pickup trucks and SUVs.
And just last week, Jim Cramer emphasized that the chip shortage is "very real."
Recap TheStreet Live: Everything Jim Cramer Is Watching Thursday
Curious about what Jim Cramer and his team at Action Alerts PLUS are watching in the markets? Watch Cramer's exclusive members-only Daily Rundown show on Action Alerts PLUS following TheStreet Live.
Latest Videos From TheStreet and Jim Cramer:
- Coronavirus: The Latest Numbers on the COVID-19 Pandemic
- What the New Reality of Shopping Means for Superstores & Consumers
- How Do You Short a Stock?
- What Is Happening to GameStop Stock? Jim Cramer Explains
- How to Break Diversity Barriers on Wall Street
- What Diversity Means for a Company's Bottom-Line: Al Roker
- Why Terrell Davis Dove Into Business of CBD - Sport of Money
- Here's How Diversity Improves Corporate Balance Sheets: Jim Cramer