According to Johns Hopkins, There are over 24.5 million cases of the virus worldwide, with over 832,000 deaths.
The U.S. has surpassed 5.8 million cases with over 181,000 deaths.
Per the COVID-19 Tracking Project, there were 44,265 new cases reported Thursday, which is slightly up from the 43,000 reported on Wednesday. 742,340 new tests were reported. And 1,129 deaths were reported yesterday, which is down from the 1,200 deaths reported the day prior per the data collected by the Tracking Project.
Back in June, in an interview with TheStreet, Dr. Anthony Fauci stressed the importance of wearing a mask.
"Masks are not 100% protective. However, they certainly are better than not wearing a mask. Both to prevent you, if you happen to be a person who may feel well, but has an asymptomatic infection that you don't even know about, to prevent you from infecting someone else," said Fauci. "But also, it can protect you a certain degree, not a hundred percent, in protecting you from getting infected from someone who, either is breathing, or coughing, or sneezing, or singing or whatever it is in which the droplets or the aerosols go out. So masks work."
Jim Cramer in his mask competition wants to ensure that Americans are all protecting themselves and others by donning a mask.
Read more about his mask competition here.
Latest Videos From TheStreet and Jim Cramer:
- Coronavirus Update: Abbott's Fast $5 COVID-19 Test Gets FDA Emergency Use Authorization
- Salesforce Earnings Has Investors Really Excited About Software
- Jim Cramer’s Outlook on Oil Ahead of Hurricane Laura
- Big 12 Commissioner Explains Decision to Play College Sports to Jim Cramer
- McDonald’s Looking Into More Cover-Ups Under Former CEO’s Watch