Jim Cramer warns about the impact that we're going to see from the coronavirus pandemic.
He warns about the "millions and millions" that we're going to see unemployed as the pandemic shuts down the everyday lives of Americans.
Watch the video above for more.
Good morning. I'm Katherine Ross and I'm here with Jim Cramer. We're joining you via Skype this morning in our parts to practice social distancing. Jim, what's top of mind for you this morning?
Top of mind for me is that employment number, which shows the beginning of what people are starting to realize. It's going to be millions upon millions of unemployed. I think you're going to start talking about The Great Depression. I think you're going to start talking about whether small businesses go around sub-prime, meaning it's just an intractable problem that we can't get rid of very quickly.
I do think that there's been phenomenal acceptance already this morning of the plan for the paycheck protection. But Katherine, I got to tell you, it's going to be a very rough road unless something happens with the disease and it's got to happen. Can't be ... You can't wait. It's got to happen.
Got a Question for Cramer?
Send it in!
Every day, TheStreet and I are looking for questions on the markets, send yours in for a chance to have it asked on the show.
If you're a member of Action Alerts PLUS, please continue to send your questions to the team at AAP.
Catch up on the Latest Videos on TheStreet!
- Jim Cramer Answers 5 Questions Ahead of the End of the Quarter
- These CEOs Are Forgoing Their Salaries to Help Employees During the Coronavirus Pandemic
- Jim Cramer's Advice for Anyone Worried About Social Distancing
- How Walmart's COVID-19 Employee Policies Could Impact the Entire Industry
- What Does the $2 Trillion Dollar Stimulus Package Mean for Small Businesses?