The FDA typically follows the committee's decision, and it's expected to roll out the vaccine possibly as soon as next week.
The committee’s recommendation to approve an emergency use authorization for the vaccine passed 17 to 4, with one abstention.
The administration is expected to grant the authorization for emergency use on Friday evening, The New York Times reported, citing people familiar with the agency’s planning.
Latest Videos From TheStreet and Jim Cramer:
- Coronavirus: The Latest Numbers on the COVID-19 Pandemic
- Streaming Isn't Enough to Make Jim Cramer Buy AT&T Stock
- What Stimulus Checks Do and Don’t Mean For Your Taxes
- Time Is Right for Airbnb, DoorDash IPOs, Asset Manager Says
- Drivers of Disruption and Innovation in the PPE Space
- Why Jim Cramer Is Confident on a Vaccine Rollout
- Jim Cramer: How to Balance Stay-At-Home and Return to Normal Plays