Let's take a look at the coronavirus.
The World Health Organization has noted that the coronavirus has pandemic potential. They have declared it a public health emergency of international concern.
There are over 80,000 cases of the virus and over 2,700 deaths. Outside of China, there are nearly 2,000 cases.
There are 53 cases of the virus in the U.S. and President Donald Trump has asked for over $2.5 billion to combat the coronavirus.
"Let's just play out the nightmare scenario for the bulls. You saw its sketch in yesterday's trading. Today it will come more into view. First, the coronavirus strikes here -- and strikes hard. That taxes our excellent public health system and causes a severe slowdown in our service-based, retail economy," wrote Cramer in his Real Money column on Tuesday morning.
Online real estate platform CrowdStreet delivers investors a new way to diversify their portfolios with real estate. Individual investors can use CrowdStreet’s leading online marketplace to connect with a wide array of commercial real estate opportunities and projects to make investing in real estate easy! Download the Real Estate Guide.
Catch up on the Latest Videos on TheStreet!
- Why Dow Fell 1,000 Points And What Analysts Say to Do Now
- Jim Cramer: Look at the Denominator, Not Just the Numerator
- Stressed About the Selloff? How Investors Should Approach Their Portfolios
- How the Coronavirus Is Impacting FAANG Stocks
- What Is Donald Trump’s Net Worth?
- 5 Stocks (And Some Extras) to Add to Your Portfolio
- TheStreet Explains: What is EBITDA and Why Does it Matter?
- Retirement Daily: Don’t Retire With Debt: It’s Bad for Your Well-Being