The Federal Trade Commission said that it's looking into how companies--such as Facebook, Twitter, Alphabet, and ByteDance's TikTok--collect and use the data they get from users.
This comes just days after the agency and state attorneys general from 48 states filed an antitrust lawsuit against Facebook, charging that the company engaged in anticompetitive behavior to maintain a monopoly position in personal social networking.
Latest Videos From TheStreet and Jim Cramer:
- Coronavirus: The Latest Numbers on the COVID-19 Pandemic
- Streaming Isn't Enough to Make Jim Cramer Buy AT&T Stock
- What Stimulus Checks Do and Don’t Mean For Your Taxes
- Time Is Right for Airbnb, DoorDash IPOs, Asset Manager Says
- Drivers of Disruption and Innovation in the PPE Space
- Why Jim Cramer Is Confident on a Vaccine Rollout
- Jim Cramer: How to Balance Stay-At-Home and Return to Normal Plays