IBM (IBM) - Get International Business Machines Corporation Report disappointed, reporting earnings of $2.07 a share on revenue of $20.4 billion. The company had been expected to report income of $1.81 a share, on sales of $20.7 billion, according to FactSet.
IBM Chairman and CEO Arvind Krishna said in a statement that the company anticipates boosting sales this year. "We made progress in 2020 growing our hybrid cloud platform as the foundation for our clients digital transformations while dealing with the broader uncertainty of the macro environment," Krishna said in the statement. "The actions we are taking to focus on hybrid cloud and AI will take hold, giving us confidence we can achieve revenue growth in 2021."
Curious about what Jim Cramer and his team at Action Alerts PLUS are watching in the markets? Watch Cramer's exclusive members-only Daily Rundown show on Action Alerts PLUS following TheStreet Live.
Latest Videos From TheStreet and Jim Cramer:
- Coronavirus: The Latest Numbers on the COVID-19 Pandemic
- Jim Cramer Thinks Bank Earnings Will Surprise to the Upside
- The Cannabis Outlook Under Biden and a Democratic-Led Congress
- What Stimulus Checks Do and Don’t Mean For Your Taxes
- How Jim Cramer Picks Retail Stocks in 2021