Investors continue to await the results of the Jan. 5 Georgia runoff elections, which will determine the balance of the U.S. Senate
Democrat Rev. Raphael Warnock is projected to beat incumbent Sen. Kelly Loeffler, while the race between incumbent Republican Sen. David Perdue and Democrat Jon Ossoff remains too early to call.
The Dow pointed to gains in premarket trading Wednesday. while the potential of steeper regulation from a Democrat-controlled Congress sent the Nasdaq lower.
In an interview Monday, Jim Cramer said that President Trump's refusal to concede has made the race closer than it would have been previously. "The president really hurt these two Republicans....had he been willing to go, he would have assured the Senate remained Republican," Cramer said.
2020’s Most Popular Videos From TheStreet and Jim Cramer:
- Coronavirus: The Latest Numbers on the COVID-19 Pandemic
- Tesla Stock: Jim Cramer Explains What Wall Street Still Can't Understand
- Jim Cramer Talks Stimulus Checks, Markets, and His Top Stock Picks
- How Markets Navigated 2020 'Storm:' Winners and Losers
- 5 Coolest Auto Reveals of 2020
- How to Know When a Stock Bottoms Out on Bad News
- Airbnb Lifts IPO Pricing to $60, Looking to Raise $3 Billion
- Jim Cramer Eyeing Similarities to Dot-Com Bubble but Still Buying Opportunities
- Look Out for These Changes to Social Security and Medicare in 2020