What is Genius Brands?
The company is planning to launch a digital entertainment network for children, Kartoon Channel, on June 15. It also recently met the minimum standard to trade on the Nasdaq.
“The hallmark of Kartoon Channel is ‘Smart and Safe.’ All programs are carefully curated to not only be entertaining and enriching, but also to ensure there is no violence, no negative stereotypes, no inappropriate language, and no excessive commercialization. We are extremely focused on providing positive purposeful content that parents can always know will provide safe viewing for their children,” said Andy Heyward, CEO of the company, and is the former CEO of animation production company DIC Entertainment.
Jim Cramer took to Twitter on Wednesday, June 10, to tweet, "Okay, what's the day trade deal with Genius Brands right now? GNUS. what kind of game they runnin? You think we don't see it? Chillman sees it."
The stock is getting hammered on Thursday as the major indices tumble. It's trading around $3 a share, and is down over 52% in the last five days, but is up over 1,000% year-to-date.
Watch More of the Latest Videos from TheStreet and Jim Cramer
- Jim Cramer: Broadcom Is 'Greatest Value' of Semiconductor Stocks
- Jim Cramer: Advice for Investors Learning About the Stock Market
- TheStreet Explains: What Is Value Versus Growth in Stocks?
- How Magic Johnson Became the Business Icon He Is Today
- C-Suite: Why the Nikola Executive Team Is Taking Salaries of $1