In intraday trading, Norwegian Cruise Line Holdings and United Airlines were advancing Tuesday on positive signs in the battle against the coronavirus, which has put a stranglehold on the travel industry
This came after Russia claimed to have officially registered a coronavirus vaccine.
Russian President Vladimir Putin said Tuesday that Russia's health care regulator approved a Covid-19 vaccine, though the vaccine has yet to complete clinical trials and no information about any late-phase testing has been published.
Speaking at a government meeting Tuesday, Putin said that the vaccine has undergone proper testing and is safe.
The World Health Organization said all vaccine candidates should go through full stages of testing before being rolled out.
The coronavirus outbreak has devastated the travel industry as people attempt to abide by social distancing restrictions.
But Jim Cramer had some strong words to say about one travel stock: American.
He tweeted this morning to say, "Jimmy Chill says do me a favor those who made fun of me for recommending American Air, take a visit to Hades on an American jet and enjoy."
So what does he think about American following this news and the rotation?
Latest Videos From TheStreet and Jim Cramer:
- Coronavirus Update: Russia Approves World's First COVID-19 Vaccine
- What Investors Are Optimistic About Tuesday
- Why a Twitter-TikTok Deal Is Highly Unlikely
- Jim Cramer Says Only Vaccine Can Help Marriott Stock
- Here's What's In Trump's Executive Orders on Coronavirus Relief
- Should You Give Financial Support to Family Amid the Pandemic?