According to The Associated Press, former Vice President Joe Biden has 264 electoral college votes. President Donald Trump has 214 votes.
The first candidate to 270 votes will be the next President of the United States.
Back in 2016, one of the biggest upsets was the fact that the polls were incorrect in assuming that Democratic nominee Hillary Clinton would handily defeat Republican nominee Donald Trump.
This year, despite the coronavirus pandemic, the polls still weighed heavily in Biden's favor. However, it's become quite clear that this would be a closer election than anyone thought.
So, what does Jim Cramer think about the polls?
Pollsters "...are not getting the right sample," he said.
More on the 2020 Election and Your Money:
- Worried About Election Volatility? 5 Rules to Protect Your Portfolio
- What Election Outcome Means for Apple Stock
- Are These 3 Stocks Election Stocks?
- Avoid Oil Stocks Before, After Election: Expert Says
- What to Expect From Federal Reserve Under Trump or Biden Presidencies