The presentation lasted four hours. Disney executives unleashed a torrent of announcements, including a slew of upcoming “Star Wars,” Marvel and Pixar series and features, and news that Disney+ had surpassed 86 million subscribers.
And the company noted that it expects Disney+ to grow 260 million subscribers by 2024, but is hiking the price of the streaming subscription to $7.99 a month.
Latest Videos From TheStreet and Jim Cramer:
- Coronavirus: The Latest Numbers on the COVID-19 Pandemic
- Streaming Isn't Enough to Make Jim Cramer Buy AT&T Stock
- What Stimulus Checks Do and Don’t Mean For Your Taxes
- Time Is Right for Airbnb, DoorDash IPOs, Asset Manager Says
- Drivers of Disruption and Innovation in the PPE Space
- Why Jim Cramer Is Confident on a Vaccine Rollout
- Jim Cramer: How to Balance Stay-At-Home and Return to Normal Plays