With the news that a hack involving SolarWinds software has impacted a number of U.S. companies and government agencies, how should investors respond?
"To recap: Hackers believed to be linked to Russia’s foreign intelligence service (SVR) inserted malware into software updates for SolarWinds’ Orion IT infrastructure management software between March and June. This led to security breaches at the Treasury Department, the National Telecommunications and Information Administration (NTIA), the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) and a number of SolarWinds’ corporate clients," wrote TheStreet's Eric Jhonsa. "The full scope of the hack, which reportedly allowed hackers to monitor Treasury Department and NTIA e-mails, is still being determined. But all signs suggest it was massive."
Latest Videos From TheStreet and Jim Cramer:
- Coronavirus: The Latest Numbers on the COVID-19 Pandemic
- Streaming Isn't Enough to Make Jim Cramer Buy AT&T Stock
- What Stimulus Checks Do and Don’t Mean For Your Taxes
- Time Is Right for Airbnb, DoorDash IPOs, Asset Manager Says
- Drivers of Disruption and Innovation in the PPE Space
- Why Jim Cramer Is Confident on a Vaccine Rollout
- Jim Cramer: How to Balance Stay-At-Home and Return to Normal Plays