Coinbase is going public.
The company confidentially submitted an S-1 filing for an initial public offering with the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC).
The form would become effective after the SEC completes its review process, Coinbase said in a blog posting. This came as bitcoin climbed to another record high Thursday, surpassing $23,600.
Per The Wall Street Journal, Coinbase was recently valued at around $8 billion and would become the largest publicly-traded cryptocurrency company in the world.
Latest Videos From TheStreet and Jim Cramer:
- Coronavirus: The Latest Numbers on the COVID-19 Pandemic
- Streaming Isn't Enough to Make Jim Cramer Buy AT&T Stock
- What Stimulus Checks Do and Don’t Mean For Your Taxes
- Time Is Right for Airbnb, DoorDash IPOs, Asset Manager Says
- Drivers of Disruption and Innovation in the PPE Space
- Why Jim Cramer Is Confident on a Vaccine Rollout
- Jim Cramer: How to Balance Stay-At-Home and Return to Normal Plays