Rapper Jadakiss is dropping his fifth studio album Ignatius on Friday, March 6.
The musical artist sat down with Sports Illustrated to discuss his new album and what it's been like to learn from fellow rapper and entrepreneur Jay-Z. Jadakiss signed with Jay-Z's label, Roc Nation, in 2018. Jadakiss told Sports Illustrated that working with Jay-Z has taught him "the sky's not the limit, it's only the view."
"They might judge where you started, but what really counts is where you end up," he added. "Once you get your foot in the door, there's no telling what you can do. Save you money, become an entrepreneur..."
Rapper Jadakiss has indeed embarked on an entrepreneurial journey. Jadakiss and fellow rapper Styles P have been running Juices for Life—a juice bar which promotes healthy living—in New York.
Jadakiss also highlights the importance of having great people on a team.
"Get a good, tight-knit staff around you and go to the top," he said.
Catch up on the Latest Videos on TheStreet!
- What in the World Happened in Markets Tuesday?
- Was the Fed's Emergency Rate Cut Irresponsible?
- Stocks to Consider if There Is a Coronavirus Pandemic
- A Legendary Investor Reveals How to Play the Markets Now
- Is Now the Time to Panic About Your 401k?
- The Future Lies in Bitcoin Says Shark Tank’s Robert Herjavec
- Women’s History Month: Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi is Giving Up His Social Media Accounts For International Women's Day
- TurboTax Webinar: Tax Tips for Freelancers and Gig Workers
- TheStreet Explains: What Is the Fed Funds Rate?
- Retirement Daily: Don’t Retire With Debt: It’s Bad for Your Well-Being