In the wake of another food-borne illness scare, branding expert Eric Schiffer said the only way for Chipotle Mexican Grill (CMG) - Get Chipotle Mexican Grill, Inc. Report to change its negative public image is to totally rebrand. "You can only have so many hotbeds of evil themes that can happen to a brand and not create a seismic shift in public perception," Schiffer said.
A total rebrand means a new name, look and an aggressive new commitment to quality inspection.
As for guac...that'll probably still be extra.
Watch More with TheStreet:
- From Catalogs to Catastrophe: A Sears Timeline
- Could Horse Meat Be on the Menu in the U.S. Soon?
- 60 Second Tips: Best Return on Your College Investment
- Millennials Are Making This Huge Mistake When Buying a Home, Say HGTV's 'Property Brothers'
- Carly Fiorina's Advice to Young Women: Don't Let Other People Define You