Contributing Columnist Ken Doctor sat down with TheStreet's Tracy Byrnes to talk about the bump in paid subscribers some U.S. media outlets are seeing after Donald Trump's election.
He breaks down some of the vital ingredients for a successful paywall. That includes having the technology ready before Trump's victory, enticing potential subscribers in with free articles and increasing both national coverage and a trust with readers.
When it comes to winning the paywall game, it doesn't hurt to have President Trump declare you as an enemy.
Watch More from TheStreet Columnist Ken Doctor:
- Ken Doctor Explains Why Univision Buying Gawker is a Great Thing
- Paywall Economics can Make or Break a Publication
- Ken Doctor Talks Univision, Gawker and Ecommerce's Return to Publishing
- Ken Doctor Reveals the Trump Bump in Media
- Ken Doctor Thinks the Subscription Model is Back!
- Ken Doctor Talks Media and Gawker's Ecommerce
- Gawker's Secret Sauce Was Its Affiliate Channels, Says Ken Doctor
This article was written by a staff member of TheStreet.