Now it seems to have Best Buy's secret weapon in its cross-hairs.
Recode reported that Amazon is quietly working to hire I-T pros as part of a new in-home electronics repair army!
Best Buy is already known as Amazon's showroom, where customers walk-in and get hands on with tech gadgets that they always intended to buy from Bezos.
Geek Squad was a huge incentive for installation averse customers.
But we did some digging and Geek Squad might be its own worst enemy!
We sifted through reviews on Consumer Affairs and the service has just a one-star rating on the site.
All the reviews we found were pretty negative.
Now, Best Buy's spokesman declined to comment on the reviews, but when you are up against Amazon... You need all the firepower you can get.
So, time is running out for Geek Squad to get ready for battle against a new Amazon army.
Watch More with TheStreet:
- Carly Fiorina's Advice to Young Women: Don't Let Other People Define You
- You Won't Want to Miss These Moments at Comic-Con 2017
- From Catalogs to Catastrophe: A Sears Timeline
- 60 Second Tips: Navigating Financial Aid
- Chipotle Is Now Off the Radar for 18 Months, Jim Cramer Says