This is what you need to know on Monday:
1. European markets start the week lower as investors anticipate a flare-up in tensions with North Korea.
2. South Korea's Kospi fell 0.15% as U.S. troops and South Korean forces begin a joint military exercise.
3. AP Moeller-Maersk (AMKBY) shares gained at the start of trading Monday after it sold its oil and gas division to Total for $7.45 billion.
4. President Trump is set to lay out his strategy for the war in Afghanistan in an address on Monday night.
5. U.S. futures were down Monday morning ahead of the Jackson Hole meeting of global central bankers later this week.
Watch More with TheStreet:
- Steve Bannon Is the Latest White House Official to Be Sent Packing
- Check Out The Coolest Cars on the RM Sotheby's Auction Block
- Here's How You Can Help Your Toddler Retire a Millionaire
- 5 Brands Cashing In On The Solar Eclipse