There were some magical and even curious moments during the Inauguration of President Joe Biden and Vice President Kamala Harris.
One of those moments was in the U.S. Capitol, immediately following the swearing in ceremony, during a traditional gifting ceremony.
Democratic Senator Amy Klobuchar of Minnesota presented Biden and Harris with one-of-a-kind crystal vases, created by Lenox Corporation.
Here are 6 things to know about Lenox and the Presidential Vases
- Handcrafted by Pittsburgh-area glass cutter
- Biden Vase has engraved White House
- Harris Vase has engraved U.S. Capitol
- Each vase weighs 32 pounds
- President George H.W. Bush in 1989 received 1st Lenox gift
- Lenox is the oldest crystal and fine china maker in the U.S.