Should IBM (IBM) - Get International Business Machines Corporation Report be broken up?
TheStreet's tech columnist, Eric Jhonsa argues both sides
Reasons for breaking up IBM:
- IBM could execute better as a group of smaller companies with dedicated management teams
- Certain key IBM businesses could sport higher multiples as independent companies
- Some IBM units might perform better if they are no longer tied to other IBM business that compete with potential partners
Reasons for keeping IBM together:
- There would be major up-front and recurring costs related to breaking up IBM
- IBM does a lot of business selling integrated solutions
Editor's Note: This video has been updated to better reflect Eric Johnsa's Article.
Read Related Article:Why IBM Should -- and Shouldn't -- Break Itself Up
More of What's Trending on TheStreet:
- Department Stores Are Dying -- Michael Kors Declares War on Coach With Big Jimmy Choo Deal
- Walmart Looks Like It's Beating Back This Ruthless German Grocery With Some Success
- Birchbox Revolutionized How We Buy Beauty Products
- Amazon Tumbling Almost 40% Is Not as Crazy as It Sounds