After all, it's a one-stop shop to satisfy your cosmetic itch. It's no wonder. This makeup destination is also the largest U.S. beauty retailer.
A bit about the company's history:
- 1989 Richard E. George resigned as President of Osco Drug, Inc. to found Ulta Salon, Cosmetics and Fragrance in various Illinois cities.
- 1999 Ulta Beauty changed its name from Ulta3, changing the brand almost entirely.
- 2007 The company became publicly traded on the NASDAQ.
For more, watch the video above or check out TheStreet's Behind the Label series below:
- Shopping for History: A Macy's Timeline
- From 'The Golden Rule' to a Struggling Retailer: J.C.Penney Timeline
- Behind the Sparkle: Thank Tiffany for That Wedding Ring
- Behind the Flannel: The History of Abercrombie & Fitch
- Behind the Smile: Inside Walmart