While September historically marks the worst month of the year for the stock market with the S&P 500 losing an average of .7 percent every year since 1945, this September seems primed to buck the trend. We're now two months into the month and stocks have continued to register record highs. Is it President Donald Trump, the dollar or something else altogether?
Four of our top columnists analyzed the market and shared their best investing advice and market commentary as Wall Street leaves the summer behind and moves into the fall. Stocks expert Stephen "Sarge" Guilfoyle, bond columnist Peter Tchir, forex trader Douglas Borthwick and gold expert David Yoe Williams talked Donald Trump, Janet Yellen, Apple (AAPL) - Get Report and much more.
Will the market continue to move higher or do stocks poise to fall with the leaves?
Regardless of how the market moves, our monthly Trading Strategies panel has the guidance you need to prep your portfolio for the coming month.
You can also read up on the latest investing recommendations from our "Fab Four" and other great experts below:
- Stephen "Sarge" Guilfoyle: Why I Love Apple, Nvidia and These Other Stocks for September
- Jim "RevShark" DePorre: Is a Nasty Market Correction Coming in September?
- Scott Gamm: Forget the Debt Ceiling and the Fed. Here's One Thing That Could Destroy Stocks in September
- David Yoe Williams: Here's Why Substantial Gains in Gold Prices Are Coming
- Douglas Borthwick: Why the Dollar Will Fall Even Further This Fall
- Peter Tchir: 5 Things Smart Investors Should Do in September
- Our complete September Trading Strategies special report
This article was written by a staff member of TheStreet.