Looking for some life inspiration during this July 4th week? Two top CEOs have a few tips on how to get ahead.
Republic Services CEO Donald Slager
Slager started in the waste management industry as a teenager. More than 35 years later, Slager is the CEO of the second largest waste management company in the U.S. in Republic Services (RSG - Get Report) .
His tips to making it happen. Get to work.
"Do the job you have well and if you do the job you have well, someone is going to come around and ask you to do the next job," Slager tells TheStreet. Slager also suggests being flexible and hanging in there when times are tough (as they so often are in business).
Norwegian Cruise Line CEO Frank Del Rio
Del Rio, known as one of the industry's foremost experts, is now Norwegian's CEO. His advice for landing the top C-suite job is to stay hungry.
"Never ever give up," Del Rio tells TheStreet. "Time is of the essence, you have to have a sense of urgency."
Keep the Holiday Week Going! Red, White and Cramer
Need a little more inspiration? Be sure to watch the entire Jim Cramer's 25 Rules For Investing! It's a great way to get on the road to financial independence this 4th of July.
or catch a few more of Jim's Rules here:
- Jim Cramer's Rule #1: Bulls Make Money, Bears Make Money, Pigs Get Slaughtered
- Jim Cramer's Investing Rule #2: It's OK to Pay Taxes
- Jim Cramer's Investing Rule #3: Don't Buy Stocks All at Once
- Jim Cramer's Investing Rule #4: Buy Damaged Stocks, Not Damaged Companies
- Jim Cramer's Investing Rule #5: Diversify to Control Risk