Here's what to expect from interest rates in 2019.
Greg McBride, chief financial analyst at Bankrate, talked to TheStreet about interest rates and why he believes that we'll see two more Federal Reserve rate hikes in 2019.
- Why Earnings Season Will Prove That There's No Recession in Sight
- One Thing to Watch in Every Earnings Report According to This NYSE Trader
McBride believes that the end of 2019 will also see a significant economic slowdown and that the markets will continue to see volatility.
- NYSE Trader Breaks Down Bank Earnings, the Retail Sector and the Fed Speeches
- How to Start Investing at Any Age
McBride discussed Fed hikes, mortgage rates, credit card rates and other loan rates.
- How to Handle Market Volatility According to This Financial Adviser
- Are Bearish Outlooks For 2019 Overblown?
"30-year fixed mortgage rates will be volatile, rising above 5.25% before falling sharply later in the year to 4.35%," McBride believes.
Watch to see what McBride has to say about interest rates in 2019.