"The secret sauce of what Univision was able to buy from the old Gawker was how they were able to create deals," says TheStreet Columnist Ken Doctor.
In our interview with him, he talked about how Gawker had a separate staff that strictly created affiliate deals for the site. And since the deals were written in an engaging way, Gawker saw conversion rates into sales as high as 16%.
Watch More from TheStreet Columnist Ken Doctor:
- Ken Doctor Explains Why Univision Buying Gawker is a Great Thing
- Is Donald Trump Making American News Media Great Again?
- Ken Doctor Talks Univision, Gawker and Ecommerce's Return to Publishing
- Ken Doctor Reveals the Trump Bump in Media
- Ken Doctor Thinks the Subscription Model is Back!
- Ken Doctor Talks Media and Gawker's Ecommerce