Hurricane Harvey and its aftermath took out 15% of refining capacity. 10 refineries are closed, including Exxon Mobil's (XOM) - Get Report Baytown Complex, the 2nd largest refiner in the nation. Houston and surrounding areas are underwater and more rain is expected. The USDA also says harvest activity in cotton and rice has been suspended. The Texas coast represents almost 1/4 of the nation's wheat exports. Dara Khosrowshahi, the head of Expedia (EXPE) - Get Report , is reportedly the new CEO of Uber. It was first reported by Recode. Former General Electric (GE) - Get Report CEO Jeffrey Immelt withdrew his name for consideration. Meg Whitman of Hewlett Packard (HPQ) - Get Report was also said to be a frontrunner. Negotiations between Walt Disney (DIS) - Get Report and the service trades council union--which represents 38,000 cast members are set to begin today. The union is looking to speed up the wage increases so that workers reach $15 an hour quicker. Disney says they plan to bring a proposal that's fair to workers.
More of What's Trending on TheStreet:
- With Hurricane Harvey, We Are in the Crosshairs of Volatility: Market Recon
- Houston, We Have a Problem: Harvey Slams Gulf Coast, Halts Oil Production
- Jeff Immelt Out of Running for Uber CEO Position -- Here's Who Got the Gig
- Here's Why Apple's HomePod Will Crush the Amazon Echo and Google Home Over Time
- Panic Isn't Lasting Long in This Stock Market