On the first day of this year's Recode Code Conference, former Microsoft (MSFT) - Get Report CEO Steve Ballmer was quoted as saying at the event Twitter is "an amazing asset... we'll see which way it goes... still have a lot of money on the opportunity."
Ballmer isn't the only one with an upbeat view on Twitter.
Takeover talks surrounding Twitter died down in late 2016 after Disney (DIS) - Get Report , Salesforce.com (CRM) - Get Report and other potential suitors lost interest in the struggling social media company, but BTIG analyst Richard Greenfield recently said that the improvements to Twitter's timeline make it an "inevitable" takeover target again.
Watch more of the latest videos from TheStreet:
- British Pound Hits 6 Week low as Anti-Business Candidate Gains
- Car Bomb In Kabul Kills 80
- Wake Up Wall Street: Concerns Grow That OPEC's Production Cuts Could Be Undermined
- Former Microsoft CEO Steve Ballmer Believes Twitter is 'Amazing Asset'
- European Stocks Edge Higher After A Solid Session In Asia
This article was written by a staff member of TheStreet.