The news cycle has been dominated by coronavirus for a few weeks now and it seems like it won't seem to stop anytime soon.
On Thursday, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention confirmed the first U.S. human-to-human coronavirus, which have resulted the decline in stocks.
The coronavirus has claimed at least 170 lives and more than 8100 have been infected only in China. This has resulted a huge fear among companies running in China.
Here are the list of five major U.S. companies affected by the coronavirus in China.
"We have closed more than half of our stores in China and continue to monitor and modify the operating hours of all of our stores in the market in response to the outbreak of the coronavirus," the company said in its earning reports." This is expected to be temporary. "
4. Apple (APPL) : The company has shut down at least three stores, and also restricted its employees from traveling to China unless it’s “business-critical situations.”
Catch up on the Latest Videos on TheStreet!
- Bond Investors May Be Forcing Fed to Cut Rates. What Does That Mean for Stocks?
- Here's How Stock Prices are Determined
- TheStreet Explains: What's a Bear Market?
- Retirement Daily: Add This Often-Forgotten Task to Your 2020 Financial To-Do List
- Super Bowl LIV: Super Bowl Commercial Preview: Dorito's 'The Cool Ranch'
- Free Webinar: Expert Advice on Equity Trading by CME Group