ICYMI: Citigroup's (C - Get Report) reported mixed quarterly earnings results before Monday's opening bell and that has set an inauspicious tone to a week of bank earnings. Citigroup is Real Money's Stock of the Day (Jan. 14, 2019).
- The company reported a beat on earnings per share of $1.61 per share against expectations of $1.55 per share
- It missed on revenue with $17.1 billion against an expectation of $17.5 billion.
- Citigroup also came in just under its expected efficiency ratio, reporting a number of 57.4 against a 57.6 analyst forecast for 2018.
Real Money's Columnists are covering every angle.
- ReadStephen Guilfoyle's: Earnings Season Is Here and This Week Is About the Banks: Market Recon
- Read Kevin Curran's: Citigroup Sets Inauspicious Start to Bank Earnings
Behind the Label
Enjoying TheStreet's Behind the Label video series? Check out more below:
- How Did Intel Get Its Name? Hint: Two Words Blend to Create It
- Chinese Electric Car Company: NIO
- Curious About the History of Salesforce? Here's What Investors Should Know
- Tesla: 15 Years of Automotive History
- Behind the Smile: Inside Walmart
- Shopping for History: A Macy's Timeline
- How Alibaba Got to Where It Is Today
- From a Dorm to Silicon Valley: A History of Facebook
- Behind the Stream: A History of Roku