The famed statue 'Fearless Girl' gets a new home on Wall Street today, Dec. 10, 2018.
She now stands tall in front the New York Stock Exchange. You'll recall, the four foot bronze statue spent the last year and a half staring down the 'Charging Bull' statue.
Stacey Cunningham, the president of the New York Stock Exchange said, " The fearless girl signifies so much. She is a call to action for women for women everywhere, for corporations everywhere, for men everywhere, for people everywhere, to change the way we do business ,and to change the way we think about opportunities in this world. "
A dedication ceremony was carried out to mark this day.
- 5 Things to Know About Wall Street's Fearless Girl
"I am excited to have her outside the New York Stock Exchange," she added.
Fans symbolize it as women empowerment and a plaque was put on display at the new location on Wall Street.
Everything You Need to Know About 'Fearless Girl':
- 'Fearless Girl' was commissioned by State Street Global Advisors to urge the 3,500-plus client companies to increase the number of women on their corporate boards.
- She was installed near the 'Charging Bull' in Lower Manhattan on March 7, 2017, the day before International Women's Day.
- The statue, created by sculptor Kristen Visbal, is made of bronze, is 50 inches tall and weights about 250 pounds.
- Fearless Girl is a 10-year-old Latina. State Street and Visbal wanted her to be "universal" and "be an inspiration for everybody'
Editor's note: the video has been updated with Betty Liu, NYSE Executive Vice Chairman.