These regular users are defined as individuals that have logged in and visited Facebook or Messenger through its website or a mobile device in the past 30 days. It does not include Instagram or Whatsapp users.
The company's user base is bigger than the population of any single country and six of the seven continents.
A quarter of the world's population is now a regular Facebook user.
Facebook's number of regular users dwarfs its revival social media companies, with Twitter (TWTR) - Get Report only boasting 328 million monthly active users and Snapchat (SNAP) - Get Report trailing on 166 million daily users.
Watch More with TheStreet:
- Apple's iPhone Triggered Mind-Blowing Changes to How Investors Trade Stocks
- This Is the Japanese Version of FANG -- And the 'G' Is a Bit of a Stretch
- Blue Apron Has Captured Millennials but Competition From Amazon and Whole Foods Is Fierce
- 60 Second Tips: How to Re-Enter the Workforce as a Retiree
- Meet The Women Redefining Business in TheStreet's New Series, Alpha Rising