Thursday, July 1, 2021, The price of dogecoin jumped by 4% following Elon Musk's Tweet.
Sunday, June 13, 2021, Elon Musk has an exchange on Twitter regarding Tesla and bitcoin transactions.
Bitcoin jumped 12.5% to $40,178 within 24 hours of the Tweet, according to Coinbase.
Tuesday, May 19, 2021, Bitcoin Bounces From $30,000 Low as Elon Musk Tweets 'Diamond Hands', TheStreet's Martin Baccardax writes that Musk indicated his clean energy car company could hold its billion-dollar position in the world's biggest digital currency.
Elon Musk, Cryptocurrency Timeline:
- Dec. 20, 2020. Dogecoin shares up nearly 20% after Musk tweeted, "One word: Doge"
- Jan. 29, 2021. Bitcoin spiked above $30,000 after Musk added #bitcoin to his Twitter bio, tweeting, "In retrospect, it was inevitable"
- May 9, 2021. Dogecoin fell as much as 29.5% during Musk's SNL appearance after he called the cryptocurrency "a hustle"
- May 24, 2021. Bitcoin shot up to more than $39,500 within minutes of Musk tweeting that he was having active discussions regarding the sustainability of the cryptocurrency
- June 4, 2021. Bitcoin falls around 4% to less than $37,000 after Musk tweeted about a potential breakup with the cryptocurrency
Watch the video timeline for more of Musk's comments on Bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies.
Editor's note: This video first published May 19, 2021. It was updated on June 14, 2021.