The last eclipse in the USA was February 26, 1979. What's changed in the USA from then to now? The differences from 1979 to now are staggering in categories like GDP, average salary, gas price, and even most popular song. The five biggest companies in 1979? General Motors (GM) - Get Report , Exxon (XOM) - Get Report , Ford (F) - Get Report , Mobile, and Texaco. Today? Walmart (WMT) - Get Report Berkshire Hathaway (BRK.A) - Get Report , Apple (AAPL) - Get Report , Exxon Mobile, McKesson (MCK) - Get Report .
Watch More with TheStreet:
- AT&T Stock Lower, Signs Exclusive Multi-Year Deal With Taylor Swift
- Solar Eclipse May Break the Internet as Millions Share and Tweet
- If Herbalife Goes Private, That's Terrible for Bill Ackman, Jim Cramer Warns
- Quiz: How Well Do You Remember the Madden Video Games?
- 5 Brands Cashing In On The Solar Eclipse