Did you sleep through some of last night and today's biggest headlines. Here's what you need to get caught up during your morning commute:
1. Democrat Doug Jones defeated Roy Moore in the Alabama special Senate election.
2. Investors seem certain the Fed will raise interest rates today.
3. Disney (DIS) - Get Walt Disney Company Report is reportedly closing in on a deal to buy key Twenty-First Century Fox (FOXA) - Get Fox Corporation Class A Report media assets for around $40 billion.
5. Futures were mixed as investors reconfigure their expectations for the Senate composition.
Watch More with TheStreet:
- 5 Times Elon Musk Was Absolute Magic on Twitter: Video
- Jim Cramer Reveals DowDuPont as One of His Favorite Stocks
- Many U.S. States Fail at Teaching High School Students About Money (Podcast)
- Here's How to Use Bitcoin to Buy Real Estate