The U.S. dollar extended declines to a near one-year low on foreign exchange markets after reports indicated that Donald Trump's legal team may look at ways to allow the President to pardon himself amid ongoing probes into Russia's election meddling.
The New York Times and the Washington Post reported that Trump's team is "scouring" the personal and professional backgrounds of investigators working for Special Counsel Robert Mueller in an effort to thwart his expanding probe into alleged links between Russia and the President's business empire. The Post cited sources that said Trump has asked his advisers "about his power to pardon aides, family members and even himself in connection with the probe."
Watch More with TheStreet:
- 5 of the Weirdest Things Burger King Has Tried to Sell You
- 60 Second Tips: Questions to Ask Before Marriage
- 5 Signs the Sriracha Craze Has Gone Too Far
- Deadpool 2, Stranger Things 2, New Doctor Who! Get Ready for Comic Con 2017
- O.J. Simpson Wasn't the First or the Last Athlete to Kiss a Major Endorsement Goodbye