Paul Scialla, founder of the International WELL Building Institute and founder and CEO of Delos, joined TheStreet to talk about what we should expect post-COVID-19.
But, first, what is the WELL Health-Safety Rating?
"The WELL Health-Safety Rating is designed to help owners and operators provide the necessary guidance and third-party verification process to adapt to considerations for health and well-being in a post-COVID-19 world. Leveraging guidance on the spread of COVID-19 and other respiratory disease developed by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), the World Health Organization (WHO), the Department of Health and Human Services pursuant to the Occupational Safety and Health Act (OSHA), the National Institutes of Health (NIH), leading academic and research institutions, insights drawn from the IWBI COVID-19 Task Force, and core principles already established by the IWBI’s WELL Building Standard, the program provides a centralized source and governing body to validate efforts made by owners and operators," the company wrote in a press release last month.
"So we've been merging the health sciences with the building sciences for many years. And now obviously with this focus now, this concern we all have, a zoomed-in understanding of the health and safety protocols of stadiums, venues, all types of buildings is really the point here. So this is a third party document review, an evidence-based approach to the appropriate scientific protocols that can lead to an understanding and governance of how we return to spaces," Scialla told TheStreet.
And how will this help consumers who are too afraid to even go out to eat outdoors?
"I mean, that's really all this is about. It's about confidence, right? I mean, we need to put science and structure and form and most importantly, third party validation, that the appropriate protocols are put in place with this type of concern. People are not going to reenter facilities if they are reading about a list of guidelines that folks say they put forth. The need for a third party to actually stand those guidelines up to science and ensure that they're effectively implemented is really a big part of that confidence builder," he said.
Watch the full interview above for more.
You can follow Katherine Ross on Twitter at @byKatherineRoss.
Watch TheStreet's Interview with Dr. Fauci
- Dr. Fauci On J&J Vaccine Candidate: Moving Quickly Isn't at Expense of Safety
- Dr. Fauci on Regeneron: You Can't Make Statement Until Trial Results
- Fauci 'Cautiously Optimistic' on Moderna, But Phase 3 Trial Will 'Determine Efficacy'
- Fauci: Must Address Social Determinants of Health in Minority Communities During, After COVID-19
- Dr. Fauci Says Return of Sports Cannot Be Same Across U.S.
- Dr. Fauci Stresses Importance of Sports, But Health, Welfare Comes First
- Dr. Fauci Explains Why Public Wasn't Told to Wear Masks When COVID-19 Pandemic Began
- Dr. Fauci: I've 'Never Seen Anything Like' COVID-19
- Dr. Fauci Says Asymptomatic Spread of COVID-19 Is Not Rare
- Dr. Fauci Is 'Cautiously Optimistic' Vaccine 'Is On Track' in 2020