This is what you need to know before the bell:
1. European stocks slip as the surging single currency keeps gains in check.
3. Toyota Motor Co. (TM) - Get Report will take a stake in rival Mazda Motor Corp. (MZDAY) , the companies confirmed Friday, and jointly invest in a new U.S. production facility that could create 4,000 new jobs.
4. Investors await a key employment report from the United States.
5. Early indications from U.S. futures prices point to a flat open on Wall Street, although much will depend on the reading of the July employment report at 08:30 am eastern, when analysts are expecting to read that the economy added 183,000 new jobs last month, taking the headline unemployment rate down to 4.3%.
Watch More with TheStreet:
- How Well Do You Know Floyd Mayweather?
- Here's How Companies are Using AI to Secretly Change Your Life
- Tag Along on Some of GoPro's Biggest Adventures
- Why the Bull Market Could Run for Another Decade