Domino's ( (DPZ) - Get Domino's Pizza, Inc. Report ) and Ford ( (F) - Get Ford Motor Company Report ) are teaming up to understand how self-driving vehicles could improve your delivery experience. Randomly selected customers in Ann Arbor will receive their order from a self-driving Ford Fusion Hybrid. Customers can track the delivery vehicle through via an upgraded version of Domino's Tracker and text message updates.
Upon arrival, customers will use a unique code to unlock Domino's Heatwave Compartment and grab their orders. For now, the vehicle will be manually driven by a Ford engineer.
More of What's Trending on TheStreet:
- United Airlines Will Feel Hurricane Harvey's Impact - How Brutal Will It Be?
- European Supermarket Stocks Extend Declines After Amazon Cuts Whole Foods Prices
- Here Are the Benefits Amazon Prime Members Will Get at Whole Foods
- Amazon Will Leave Carnage as It Steamrolls Through Grocery Industry
- Apple Stock Upgraded at Cleveland on Strong Demand for iPhone, HomePod, Watch