According to Johns Hopkins, There are over 32.3 million cases of the virus worldwide, with over 984,000 deaths.
The U.S. has surpassed 6.9 million cases with 203,000 deaths.
Per the COVID-19 Tracking Project, there were 43,772 new cases reported Thursday, which is higher than the 38,567 cases reported the day earlier. 940,415 new tests were reported. And 921 deaths were reported yesterday, which is lower than the 1,138 deaths reported the day prior.
Novovax has kicked off the final phase of its developing coronavirus vaccine trials in the United Kingdom.
Novavax said the trial will enroll around 10,0000 volunteers between the ages of 18 and 84 -- with least a quarter of them over the age of 65 -- over the next four to six weeks in order to test the effectiveness and immunogenicity of its NVX-CoV2373 coronavirus vaccine candidate.
Novavax also said it was scaling-up its production capacity, with the aim of producing around 2 billion doses each year should the current vaccine candidate meet regulatory approval.
You can follow Katherine Ross on Twitter at @byKatherineRoss.
Latest Videos From TheStreet and Jim Cramer:
- Will Americans Get More Stimulus Money?
- Sports and Masks Go Back Way Further Than the Pandemic
- How Is a Supreme Court Justice Nominated?
- Why Jim Cramer Is Still Bullish on Johnson & Johnson's Vaccine
- Bentley Systems CEO on Going Public After 36 Years as a Private Company
- Jim Cramer: 11 Days Is Too Long for Eli Lilly's Antibody Treatment to Work
- Is Amazon Coronavirus-Proof?