According to Johns Hopkins, There are over 37.9 million cases of the virus worldwide, with over one million deaths.
The U.S. has surpassed 7.8 million cases with 215,000 deaths.
Per the COVID-19 Tracking Project, there were 43,043 new cases reported Monday, which is lower than the 46,776 cases reported the day earlier. Over one million new tests were reported. And 284 deaths were reported yesterday, which is lower than the 464 deaths reported the day prior.
Johnson & Johnson paused its vaccine trial for COVID-19 following an unexplained illness in a patient.
The healthcare giant said the trial participant’s illness was being reviewed and evaluated.
J&J said in a statement, "We are committed to providing transparent updates throughout the clinical development process of our vaccine candidate, in compliance with regulatory standards and our own high ethical and scientific principles.”
The company added, "Adverse events--illnesses, accidents, etc.--even those that are serious, are an expected part of any clinical study, especially large studies.”
You can follow Katherine Ross on Twitter at @byKatherineRoss.
Latest Videos From TheStreet and Jim Cramer:
- Why Jim Cramer Says You Need One of These Three Stocks
- Coronavirus: The Latest Numbers on the COVID-19 Pandemic
- Looking for a FAANG Alternative? Here's Where a Monday.com Investor Finds Value
- Jim Cramer Calls Domino's Stock 'One of the Greatest Performers of All Time'
- Don't Try to Price Stocks Around the Election: Here's Why
- What to Expect From the Markets Following a Trump or Biden Victory
- Airline Stocks Fly Higher on Hopes of More Fiscal Aid