Here’s your daily coronavirus update.
Worldwide, there are over 8.1 million cases of the virus, with over 444,000 deaths.
The U.S. has 2.1 million cases, with over 116,000 deaths.
And Brazil has over 923,000 cases, with 45,000 reported deaths.
This week, Florida, Texas and Arizona have set daily records for new cases.
On Tuesday, Florida recorded nearly, 2,800 new cases. However, Ron DeSantis, the governor of Florida, said that Florida will not be shutting down again despite hitting new daily records three days in a week.
Nine Texas mayors have sent a letter to Governor Greg Abbott asking to require masks. The mayors included are from Austin, Dallas, Houston and San Antonio, among others.
On Tuesday, Texas reported a total of 2,518 patients hospitalized, which breaks the previous record.
The state also announced a record-breaking number of new cases at 2,600 on Tuesday.
And Arizona, on Tuesday, reported nearly 2,400 new cases, which is a record high.
You can follow Katherine Ross on Twitter at @byKatherineRoss.
Watch TheStreet's Interview with Dr. Fauci
- Dr. Fauci On J&J Vaccine Candidate: Moving Quickly Isn't at Expense of Safety
- Dr. Fauci on Regeneron: You Can't Make Statement Until Trial Results
- Fauci 'Cautiously Optimistic' on Moderna, But Phase 3 Trial Will 'Determine Efficacy'
- Fauci: Must Address Social Determinants of Health in Minority Communities During, After COVID-19
- Dr. Fauci Says Return of Sports Cannot Be Same Across U.S.
- Dr. Fauci Stresses Importance of Sports, But Health, Welfare Comes First
- Dr. Fauci Explains Why Public Wasn't Told to Wear Masks When COVID-19 Pandemic Began
- Dr. Fauci: I've 'Never Seen Anything Like' COVID-19
- Dr. Fauci Says Asymptomatic Spread of COVID-19 Is Not Rare
- Dr. Fauci Is 'Cautiously Optimistic' Vaccine 'Is On Track' in 2020