According to Johns Hopkins, There are over 37.6 million cases of the virus worldwide, with over one million deaths.
The U.S. has surpassed 7.7 million cases with 214,000 deaths.
Per the COVID-19 Tracking Project, there were 46,776 new cases reported Sunday, which is lower than the 57,206 cases reported the day earlier. Over 943,645 new tests were reported. And 464 deaths were reported yesterday, which is lower than the 663 deaths reported the day prior.
AstraZeneca’s antibody treatment will get a $486 million investment from the Trump Administration’s Operation Warp Speed to supply up to 100,000 doses, with the government able to acquire up to a million doses.
The antibody combinations AZD7442 trials will enroll over 6,000 adults for the prevention of COVID-19, with around 4,0000 adults for the treatment of SARS-CoV-1 infections.
CEO Pascal Soriot said: “This agreement with the US Government will help accelerate the development of our long-acting antibody combination which has the potential to provide immediate and long-lasting effect in both preventing and treating COVID-19 infections. We will be evaluating the LAAB combination in different settings from prophylaxis, to outpatient treatment to hospitalization, with a focus on helping the most vulnerable people.”
You can follow Katherine Ross on Twitter at @byKatherineRoss.
Latest Videos From TheStreet and Jim Cramer:
- Why Jim Cramer Says You Need One of These Three Stocks
- Coronavirus: The Latest Numbers on the COVID-19 Pandemic
- Looking for a FAANG Alternative? Here's Where a Monday.com Investor Finds Value
- Jim Cramer Calls Domino's Stock 'One of the Greatest Performers of All Time'
- Don't Try to Price Stocks Around the Election: Here's Why
- What to Expect From the Markets Following a Trump or Biden Victory
- Airline Stocks Fly Higher on Hopes of More Fiscal Aid