Good morning, it’s Friday, August 28. Here’s your daily coronavirus update.
According to Johns Hopkins, There are over 24.4 million cases of the virus worldwide, with over 832,000 deaths.
The U.S. has surpassed 5.8 million cases with over 180,000 deaths.
Per the COVID-19 Tracking Project, there were 44,265 new cases reported Thursday, which is slightly up from the 43,000 reported on Wednesday. 742,340 new tests were reported. And 1,129 deaths were reported yesterday, which is down from the 1,200 deaths reported the day prior per the data collected by the Tracking Project.
Marvell reported earnings. The company said it earned 21 cents a share on an adjusted basis in the period as revenue increased 11% to $727 million. Analysts had expected Marvell to report earnings of 20 cents a share on revenue of $724.7 million.
Workday reported non-GAAP earnings per diluted share came in at 84 cents on revenue of $1.06 billion, vs. 44 cents a share on sales of $887.8 million in the year-earlier period.
And Okta posted total revenue of $200.4 million, up 43% year-over-year, and a GAAP loss of 48 cents per share. Analysts were expecting revenue of $186.3 million and a GAAP loss of 41 cents per share.
You can follow Katherine Ross on Twitter at @byKatherineRoss.
Watch More on the Coronavirus Pandemic From TheStreet.com:
- Jim Cramer Says You Can't Fast-Track a Vaccine
- Coronavirus Update: Abbott's Fast $5 COVID-19 Test Gets FDA Emergency USe Authorization
- Coronavirus: The Latest Numbers on the COVID-19 Pandemic
- Convalescent Plasma Treatment Isn't New, Jim Cramer Says
- Heart Shouldn't Be Straw That Cancels College Sports: Mayo Clinic Cardiologist