The Chart Professor is back so we can dive further into the stock charts you need to understand and analyze to make smart investment decisions.
This week Bruce Kamich, our resident Chart Professor and in-house technical analyst, teaches us all about bar graphs.
A bar graph is made up of a bunch of little lines -- or bars. Each bar represents three prices: the stock's high price, low price and its closing price of the day or week.
There are four big pros to bar charts, according to the Chart Professor:
- Flexible - can be used on many time frames from short to long term
- Shows the extremes of the day, week, etc
- Shows gaps
- Range and location of the close can tell you useful information
But be sure to watch the video to learn more!
Be sure to check out our other great chart videos too:
- Chart Professor: 3 Things You Need to Know About Every Stock Chart
- Chart Professor: How to Make Money from a Stock Line Graph
Read more from Kamich on Real Money and learn from the best.